Online dating kitchener waterloo ontario
Ultimately, however, the University created its own Faculty of Arts in 1960.
In February 1995, the former president of the university, James Downey, signed the Tri-University Group (TUG) agreement between Wilfrid Laurier University, and the University of Guelph.
It was established to fill the need to train engineers and technicians for Canada's growing postwar economy.
It grew substantially over the next decade, adding a faculty of arts in 1960, and the College of Optometry of Ontario which moved from Toronto in 1967.
The university offers academic programs administered by six faculties and ten faculty-based schools.
In addition, the university owns several other properties in Cambridge, Huntsville, Kitchener, and Stratford, Ontario. The oldest is Graduate House, originally a farmhouse dating back to the 19th century.Needles proposed a different approach towards education, including both studies in the classroom and training in industry that would eventually become the basis of the university's cooperative education program.While the plan was initially opposed by the Engineering Institute of Canada and other Canadian universities, notably the University of Western Ontario, the Associated Faculties admitted its first students in July 1957.The oldest building which was erected for the university is the Douglas Wright Engineering Building, which was erected in 1958.The university's main campus is divided into three major areas: South Campus, North Campus and Northwest Campus.